Sunday, January 4, 2009

January Will Be Great! Like the rest of 09

For Christmas I got the flu. It came with some great features like chills, cold sweats, the usual fever and a soar throat. Medication was sold separately and like batteries was overpriced. I was sick for a solid five days, five days that were to be a critical component of my marathon training. Oh well, in the words of that nineties pop wonder Chumbawamba, I get knocked down but I get up again. The flu took more out of me then I expected. I did a 19.3 mile run on friday, it hurt, I am sore and now nervous about the race. However, I can not blame it all on the flu, I did slack a little and skip out on two or three big runs. My demise will be the result of a team effort by Flu and Apathy. We will see how it all pans out, I got two weeks to recover and taper my training. . . Giddy-up! 

I also start student teaching at Shasta Hight School this tuesday. I have two remedial freshman classes and a junior english class. It is a relief be making the final steps to a career. I would love to be hired by Shasta High come fall and my plan is to make myself a vital part of the school community, that way when hiring time comes they will say to themselves, what would SHS be without Mr. Tyler?--hire that man!

I am pumped for 2009

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry you had the flu over the holiday but glad to hear about the job (subbing?) at SHS. It's a great school. Keep us all posted on how it is going.

Lindsey Tyler said...

I believe in you honey! Your passionate about teaching and always pumped full of energy. Those kids won't always be good for you, but I believe that they will love you and so will the staff. Love you and am so proud of you!

PB+J=12 said...

If they have any intelligence whatsoever, they will definitely say, "Hire that man." If not, I know some great schools in Northwest Indiana. However, it sounds like they eat better in California, based on the oatmeal recipe comments. Unca Pete